The Royal Agricultural Society of Western Australia supports a diverse range of community groups and initiatives. These include:
- Rural Ambassador Award which recognises the commitment and energy of young people in ensuring the prosperity of regional communities.
- Rural Community Achiever Award recognises a lifetime of service to the community in regional WA.
- Youth Scholarships, with the generous support of both the Bendat Family Foundation and Kott Gunning, are awarded annually to assist two tertiary students in an agricultural related discipline.
- Year 11 Scholarship assists a year 12 student at each of the six agricultural boarding colleges.
- Australian Council of Agricultural Societies Coca Cola Scholarship assists tertiary students studying agricultural subjects through an educational grant.
- Agricultural Hall of Fame acknowledges the pioneers of WA agriculture.
- FarmED program visits close to 10,000 primary school students each year to show children where our food comes from.
- Breast Cancer Care WA's Long Table Lunch which raises money for breast cancer research.
- In-line hockey which has been in operation at the Showground since 2007. The games are played in the Jim Horwood Pavilion from March to August and range in levels from social to elite.
- Facilites provided to the WA Blacksmiths Association and WA Heritage Society.
- The Bindaring Clothing Sale held at Claremont Showground, which since its inception in 1963, has raised more than $1 million for vital Red Cross community services in Western Australia.
- Hosting the annual Combined Affiliated Agricultural Societies Conference where agricultural societies from across Western Australia meet at Claremont Showgound to discuss regional issues.
- Providing meeting facilites for the Angus Society of Australia (WA), Australian Stud Sheep Breeders Association (WA), WA Cattle Industry Expo, Charolais Society of Australia Ltd (WA), Holstein Friesian Association of Australian (WA), Australian Simmental Breeders' Assocation Ltd (WA), Prime Samm Breeders' Association (WA) and United Beef Breeders Association of WA.
- Girl Guides which operates a parcel minding service during the IGA Perth Royal Show, all proceeds of which are used to support its activities.
- Rotary which operates a pram and wheelchair hiring service during the Royal Show, all proceeds used to supports its activities.
- Facilities for WA Police training during the year.
- Providing meeting facililties for the Pastoralists and Graziers Association.
Click on each award below for more information:
Click below for more information on support for secondary and tertiary students planning a career in Agriculture: