Murdoch University – Intercollegiate Meat Judging Competition
July 13, 2017
A special congratulations to the Murdoch University team upon their return from the Intercollegiate Meat Judging Competition held at Charles Sturt University, Wagga Wagga – NSW.
Murdoch University placed third overall, behind Melbourne Uni and Texas A&M – a great effort!
Murdoch University also took out champion awards in the following categories:
- Individual Champion in Beef Eating Quality
- Reserve Champion Individual for Beef Judging
- Reserve Champion Team for Lamb Judging
- Reserve Champion Team for Questions and Reasons
- Research Champion Team for Primal and Retail Cut Identification
Three students from Murdoch University (Bridie Luers, Rachel Cruickshank and Harriet Moss) will now head to Brisbane in September 2017 for an intensive industry tour and will go up for selection to represent Australia to compete in the USA in January 2018.
Congratulations again for this wonderful effort.
Click here to read the article on Beef Central.